A low dose of botulinum toxin type A administered by tiny injections directly into overactive muscles that cause lines to form.More About This Treatment
Reno botox treatments are an FDA-approved, anti-aging treatment in which a low dose of botulinum toxin type A administered by tiny injections directly into overactive muscles that cause lines to form for example wrinkles, frown lines, other fine lines and crow’s feet located on the face for both men and women.
Patients who receive a botox treatment at the Integrated Dermatology of Reno are injected with a diluted form of a safe toxin that causes the relaxation and eventual controlled paralysis of certain treated muscles. A botox injection effectively blocks specific nerve signals to each treated muscle, causing them to no longer have the ability to contract. Wrinkles, fine lines, and other facial imperfections caused by sun damage, slight injury, or the natural aging process are each softened as a result of getting botox from our Reno botox specialists.
Reno Botox can be beneficial for:
- Stroke Patients
- Face and Wrinkles
Quick And Painless
Integrated Dermatology of Reno botox injections go directly into the muscle through a fine point needle and are considered a noninvasive treatment for anti-aging. Because botox results in minimal discomfort during the procedure and anesthesia is not needed. The results can be apparent in just days, and last months. This treatment is done in less than 30 minutes, and patients can go about their day with little to no downtime is after the Botox is injected. A complimentary consultation is required prior to treatment.
Botox lasts for a period of four to six months before another injection is recommended, but the muscles eventually become trained to stop contracting over time. This reduces the occurrence of for fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines and crow’s feet appearing as deep or as noticeable on the face when Botox injections are a regular occurrence.
To decrease potential bruising, avoid these medications for at least one week prior to injections: Aspirin or Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, “G” supplements (ginkgo, ginseng, garlic), St. John’s Wort. NSAIDs like Celebrex and Naproxen may cause thinning of the blood, consult your physician before discontinuing. Do not massage treated areas, or lay down for several hours post-treatment.
To learn more about Reno botox and speak with a Reno dermatologist, visit Integrated Dermatology of Reno! We have the best dermatologist in Reno!
FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers, which are injected into the skin in order to add volume to areas including lips and nasolabial folds.More About This Treatment
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers
What Are Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers?
Restylane, Belotero Balance, and Juvederm Voluma are FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers, which are injected into the skin in order to add volume to areas including lips and nasolabial folds. Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers are used by many plastic surgeons and estheticians to improve the look and feel of the skin. Before injecting HA Dermal Fillers, a complimentary consultation with a licensed dermatologist is scheduled to test the sensitivity levels of the skin and choose which filler is the best for your skin type.
The results of these injections can either be temporary or permanent depending on what type of injection you choose. Check out the Results!
- Permanent HA Dermal Fillers — permanent dermal fillers are riskier because if not placed correctly, they can lead to permanent damage among other liabilities.
- Temporary HA Dermal Fillers — temporary dermal fillers are recommended by esthetician or surgeon. The injections typically last anywhere from 6-18 months.
Type of Injectables
There are various types of injectables offered, depending on the area of the face you would like to have plumped or volumized. Here is a list of the HA Dermal Filler injectables:
- Exilis → Exilis is a treatment that uses radiofrequency energy and ultrasound to reduce the appearance of cellulite while also tightening the skin.
- Juvederm → Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler that lifts the cheeks, smooths out laugh lines and wrinkles and can even be used to augment the lips.
- Sculptra → Sculptra is an injection that helps promote collagen growth and leaves your skin looking fresh and youthful.
- Restylane → Restylane is an injection that adds fullness to your skin and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles around your mouth and nose.
- Photorejuvenation → Photorejuvenation is a process involving Intense Pulse Lighting (IPL for short) to diminish the look of sunspots, sun damage, and uneven skin tone.
- Restylane Lyft → A Restylane lyft, unlike regular Restylane, focuses on lifting the cheeks and adding definition to the face.
- Latisse → Latisse is a popular and painless treatment that promotes eyelash growth.
- Botox → Botox is one of the most common injections for adults. It helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the forehead region.
How to Prevent Bruising
To decrease potential bruising, avoid these medications for at least one week prior to injections: Aspirin or Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, “G” supplements (ginkgo, ginseng, garlic), St. John’s Wort. NSAIDs like Celebrex and Naproxen may cause thinning of the blood, consult your physician before discontinuing. Downtime may include bruising and slight swelling.
To learn more about Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers, contact us at Integrated Dermatology of Reno! We have the best dermatologist in Reno that you can speak with!
Sculptra Aesthetic gives you natural-looking results that can last up to 2 years. A complimentary consultation is required prior to treatment.More About This Treatment
This facial injectable treatment is used to correct shallow to deep nasolabial fold smile lines, contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles. It works gradually to replace the collagen that is lost during the aging process. Sculptra Aesthetic gives you natural-looking results that can last up to 2 years. A complimentary consultation from our licensed dermatologist is required prior to treatment.
Benefits of Sculptra Aesthetic
There are several benefits that come from this procedure. Some of these benefits include:
- Long-Lasting Results → The Sculptra Aesthetic procedure produces long-lasting results. The injections can last up to 2 years which is much longer in comparison to other injections and procedures!
- Gradual Results → With Sculptra, the results aren’t instant, but gradually start to show over time, this gives your skin a more natural look.
- Boosts Collagen Growth → The Sculptra procedure involves injecting collagen proteins into the skin to give you more youthful and plump skin.
- Quick Recovery → Because this is a non-invasive surgery, you are able to recover and get back to your daily activities much quicker than other procedures.
There are a few side effects that may occur in post-Sculptra Aesthetic treatments. They include:
- Slight discoloration of the skin
To decrease potential bruising, avoid these medications for at least one week prior to injections: Aspirin or Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, “G” supplements (ginkgo, ginseng, garlic), St. John’s Wort. NSAIDs like Celebrex and Naproxen may cause thinning of the blood, consult your physician before discontinuing. Downtime may include bruising and slight swelling. Doctors recommend lightly massaging the treated areas for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days to ensure accurate collagen growth.
To learn more about Sculptra Aesthetic, contact the Integrated Dermatology of Reno to speak with the a licensed dermatologist!
Botox injections are used to interrupt the signal from the nerves that triggers excessive sweating.More About This Treatment
Hyperhidrosis is a condition that causes excessive sweating of the underarms and other areas of the body. The body natural sweats to cool down and prevent us from overheating, but people with hyperhidrosis sweat even when the body doesn’t need to be cooled. Sweat glands become overactive even when you are at rest or in a cool area.
Areas that may experience excessive sweating include:
- Head or Face
If you have hyperhidrosis, you may sweat in certain areas, or on both sides of the body. You may sweat only after waking up, or while sleeping. Symptoms that can be indicators of this condition include:
- Visible sweating, often soaking through multiple layers of clothing
- Sweat interferes with daily activities, such as difficulty holding pens, twisting doorknobs, or dripping sweat excessively
- Skin turns soft, white or peels in certain areas due to skin being wet for long periods of time
- Skin infections result in parts of body that sweat profusely, such as athlete’s foot or jock itch
Hyperhidrosis can be caused by a multitude of factors. It may begin due to a medical condition, as a side effect of food or medicine, or as a result of an accident. Many people who have this condition also have a family member who suffers similarly from the condition.
Hyperhidrosis therapy involves the application of a weak form of botox injections. These injections are used to interrupt the signal from the nerves that trigger excessive sweating. Our treatment is FDA approved for excessive underarm sweating, and successfully used off-label for other areas of the body such as the hands and feet. Treatment can last for 4-5 months and needs to be retreated when excessive sweating returns. Complimentary consultation is required prior to treatment.
To learn more about Hyperhidrosis Therapy, visit Integrated Dermatology of Reno!