Microdermabrasion Treatment in Reno
Reno Microdermabrasion is a light physical exfoliation that removes dead skin cells from the uppermost layer of skin. At Integrated Dermatology of Reno, we use a DiamondTome wand to gently resurface the skin to improve overall skin texture and tone. For the best results, a series of treatments is recommended, as well as a regular maintenance program. And our licensed dermatologists recommend pairing the DiamondTome microdermabrasion with a chemical peel for increased exfoliation and rejuvenation. Our Reno microdermabrasion treatments work to rejuvenate the skin on the face and neck, as well as the chest, arms, and hands.
See How it Works
The microdermabrasion treatment process takes around 45 minutes from start to finish. First, your technician will cleanse the skin to prepare it for the procedure. Then, a minimally abrasive instrument, in our case the Diamondtome wand, is used to gently buff the skin to remove the very top layer. The wand feels slightly rough on the skin, almost like dull sandpaper, but shouldn’t cause any pain. A small suctioning instrument then vacuums up the exfoliated skin cells, leaving behind a smooth, bright surface. Following your microdermabrasion procedure, your technician will cleanse the skin again to remove any excess skin cells, and a moisturizer and sunscreen are then applied to the skin.
For the best results, microdermabrasion treatment is recommended to be done on a regular maintenance regimen. Many patients choose weekly sessions starting out, and then switch to monthly appointments.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion Treatment
There are many benefits to getting microdermabrasion done by a Reno dermatologist. Whether you’re interested in smoothing your skin’s texture or wish to get rid of other blemishes, microdermabrasion can help. Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- Acne Control: If you suffer from acne, microdermabrasion might be a good solution for you. It helps improve the look and feel of your skin and promote collagen production and elasticity.
- Brighter Skin: Microdermabrasion helps improve the overall look of your skin by improving scarring, discoloration, and sunspots.
- Reduces Wrinkles: These treatments help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by promoting additional collagen production which works to fill in those lines.
- Simple Procedure: The procedure is quick and painless, while also leaving you with great results.
- Use with your other Skincare Products: This treatment works with your skincare routine to help products such as moisturizers and cleansers to sink deeper into the skin.
- Reduce damage: Sun-damage, acne scars, and stretch marks can all be improved by microdermabrasion treatment.
- Refreshing: Microdermabrasion removes pore-clogging and complexion-dulling dead skin cells to give you a new, fresh layer of skin.
Is microdermabrasion right for you?
Microdermabrasion is a very safe procedure when handled by a licensed professional. It is a painless and inexpensive treatment that works to stimulate skin cell growth and improve the texture, tone, and look of your skin. For those with mild to moderate blemishes, microdermabrasion is an extremely effective method of treatment. While you can perform this procedure at home, it is recommended to have it done by a licensed esthetician.
Schedule Your Consultation
To learn more about Reno microdermabrasion treatment, speak with the knowledgeable dermatologists at Integrated Dermatology of Reno! They’ll help you determine your best plan of treatment and will help you get clear, youthful-looking skin in no time. Connect with our office today!