As a woman, we are told to never shave our faces but dermaplaning is the exception that has changed the name of the game. Licensed dermatologists at the Integrated Dermatology of Reno take a blade-like tool that acts as an exfoliant. The dermaplane procedure is a skin resurfacing process that uses a special surgical blade to scrape away the surface layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs from the face. It gently scrapes off any dead skin cells and unwanted hair off of your face. The dermaplane tool smooths the skin and over time reduces the appearance of fine wrinkles and acne scarring.
The controlled scraping of the dermaplane tool safely refines the treated area by allowing the underlying layer of smooth, clear, undamaged skin to emerge. The dermaplane procedure is most often used to improve the appearance of skin by removing unwanted light hair, as well as to prevent dead skin buildup. This procedure is best used in combination with aesthetic procedures such as chemical peels, IPL, and microdermabrasion.
True or False: Dermaplane Editions
- True or False. Dermaplaning will make my hair grow back thicker: False. When it comes to dermaplaning or shaving in general, your hair never grows back thicker. The color and texture of your hair remain the same, and over time you might notice that your facial hair will grow back thinner or not at all.
- True or False: Dermaplaning will give me acne: False. It will, in fact, do the opposite. Dermaplaning works to remove any dead skin from the face, leaving a smooth surface, while also getting rid of any bacteria that could be clogging your pores.
- True or False. Dermaplaning will hurt: Very False. The procedure may sound terrifying, but it is actually quite painless. The tiny dermaplane blade carefully removes and exfoliates your skin, giving you a beautiful glow.
- True or False. Dermaplaning will improve the look and feel of my skin: True! Many people decide to try dermaplaning to improve the overall look and feel of their skin. The procedure will leave you with fresh, renewed skin.
- Pro-tip: While you can perform this procedure in the comfort of your own home, but it’s best to have this procedure performed by a professional.
To learn more about Dermaplaning, contact Integrated Dermatology of Reno to set up a consultation with a licensed dermatologist.