The Truth About Botox
Over the years, Botox injections have gotten a bad rap. From overuse in the media to the myth of “freezing face muscles,” it’s no wonder people are hesitant to try out this treatment. However, with a bit of research, you will find that Botox isn’t just for wrinkles anymore. More men are beginning to use it, and it’s also used to treat certain medical conditions such as perfuse sweating and migraines.
Here are a few quick facts about Botox that will help familiarize you with the popular cosmetic treatment:
1. Botox isn’t just for wrinkles. Botox can be used to treat migraines, bladder spasms, cerebral palsy, muscle spasms, hyperhidrosis, and more.
2. Botox is a temporary treatment. It will wear off after a period of time, so any side effects that occur are not permanent.
3. Treatments last about three months on average, but some people can go further between treatments.
4. Did you know? In 1989, the FDA approved Botox for the treatment of eye spasms.
5. Botox injections are proven to decrease frown lines and creases in the face.
6. The uses of Botox have become more versatile over the last few years, and men have started using it more and more, too.
7. Although it may not seem like it, more people get Botox than you think. Since 2015, over 4 million Botox procedures have been performed.
8. Despite common misconceptions, Botox doesn’t “freeze” muscles in the face.
9. You can receive Botox injections that look natural and won’t radically change your face or keep you from making facial expressions.
10. Botox is safe and effective. It does not cause any permanent damage to the muscle.