A Skin Care Routine to Get the Most out of Your Cosmetic Treatment
Preparing your skin for a cosmetic treatment can be a vital step towards the desired outcome, especially in regards to deeper treatments such as chemical peels and laser services. Starting a skin care regimen at home prior to treatments can also help lower unwanted side effects, speed healing time, and increase desired results.
Two Weeks Prior to Your Skin Care Treatment
Typically, lighteners and retinoids are recommended as a part of your skincare routine up to two weeks prior to prepare for your treatment. Combinations of effective ingredients in your routine can include prescription and non-prescription products.
At-Home Skin Care Routine
The best at-home routine will include effective cleanser, growth factors, retinol, antioxidants, specialty treatment products, and sun protection.
- A good cleanser not only rids the skin of debris but assists the other products to enter
the skin more easily, allowing them to do their job more effectively.
- Growth factors help in the rejuvenation of the skin.
- Retinols help with cell turnover and the renewal of your skin.
- Antioxidants protect against free radicals to keep your cells healthy and working at their best.
- Specialty treatment products can include eye and lip products, masks, and lighteners.
- Sunblock is a must in your skincare routine. Using your sunblock daily before and after your treatments will protect the investment you are putting into the health of your skin.
Each product in your skin care routine has its place to achieve your final skin care goal.
Achieve Your Skin Care Goals
Every person’s goals are not the same. With this in mind, your skin care regimen is tailored and specified to you and your desires. Integrated Dermatology of Reno’s cosmetic technicians consult with you about your goals and guide you to the best at-home skin care program and the best in-office treatments for you.
To discuss your skincare concerns and what would be best for you please schedule a cosmetic consultation today.