Botox treatment is a wonderful tool in the fight against aging, and can have considerable effects on your appearance and self-confidence.
However, it is an invasive cosmetic procedure and therefore shouldn’t be entrusted to just anyone. In this post, we want to help you find the best Botox treatment in Reno by giving you some pointers on things you should consider before committing.
How Much Is the Treatment?
The costs of Botox treatment can vary quite a lot, depending your location, how much is administered, the number of areas you want to have treated, and whereabouts you want to be treated.
Botox Tip: You get what you pay for, so always be wary of practitioners who offer suspiciously ‘cheap’ Botox injections.
Know The Risks
Botox treatment, although primarily used for cosmetic reasons, is a medical procedure and therefore has some risk factors that you need to consider. Although there have been no fatal incidents recorded, the following are possible risks you need to bear in mind:
- Flu-like symptoms – including a headache – for the first 24 hours after treatment
- Bruising at the injection site
- Temporary weakness and droopiness of your facial features – for example, eyelids or eyebrows may droop temporarily if the injected medicine moves into these areas
- Your body developing resistance to the treatment if it’s repeated too frequently
A good Botox practitioner will always discuss these potential side effects and risks so you’re fully informed before you make the decision to proceed with treatment.
Top Tip: Choose your Botox practitioner very carefully, and you’re much more likely to avoid any problems.
Do Your Homework
Research, research, then research some more. Knowledge is power, and the more you know the better prepared you’ll be to go under the needle. Botox treatment is a very common and perfectly safe procedure, however the more you know about it, the more informed a decision you’ll be able to make.
Top Tip: Botox is primarily used for cosmetic purposes such as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, it’s also used for bladder issues, migraines, excess sweating and eye twitching.
Choose a Qualified, Reputable Practitioner You Can Trust
As with any medical procedure, you want to be absolutely certain that the person administering your injection(s) is appropriately qualified, licensed and has great recommendations and reviews.
The Botox Cosmetic website recommends asking your prospective specialist these eight questions:
- Do they have medical expertise in facial anatomy? For instance, are they licensed and trained in a field of aesthetic medicine, such as dermatology, cosmetic surgery, or oculoplastic surgery, to name a few.
- How many years of experience do they have injecting Botox?
- How often do they treat patients with Botox?
- Do they schedule a follow-up visit after treatment?
- Will they show you before-and-after pictures of other patients they have treated?
- What are the most common side effects they have seen in their clinical experience?
- What should you do if you experience any side effects?
- What do they need to know about your medical history? Be prepared to tell your specialist about any medical conditions, including any prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements you are taking.
Top Tip: ask around for recommendations and don’t be shy to ask to see proof of your practitioner’s qualifications and experience.
Be Realistic with Your Expectations
Botox is a wonderful cosmetic treatment and can have very pleasing results. However, it does have its limits and you shouldn’t expect an instant dramatic difference.
Generally, it takes up three days before you can see the start of the results and up to ten days for the finished results. It can last for up to six months, but every individual is different so keep an open mind.
Top Tip: Having realistic expectations of Botox means you won’t be disappointed or confused.
If you’d like to find out more about Botox treatment in Reno, please visit the rest of the website or contact us.